IBM Lotus Notes has been one of the eye-catching solution for customers due to its advanced facilities and amazing email administration. This is the perfect application that offers the customers to use email features including contact administration, plans, tasks, and many others. Most of the users have faith in its abilities to finish electronic communication. Lotus Notes email client works with the Domino Server, which is used for the maintenance. Although, there are still some issues in Lotus Notes that can hamper the employee task while operating a Lotus Notes application. That’ why most of the users are planned to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365 account as because O365 is a cloud-based application which stores the complete database in a safe mode.
As per the statistical data, maximum users are looking for the free solution for migrating Lotus notes archive to Office 365. But we know very well that sometimes the technical expertise required to execute the complete process to migrate Lotus Notes to Exchange Online, and that companies don’t need to confront any damage of data or data loss. Don’t worry, in this post, we will definitely discuss all possible solutions so that you can choose as per the requirement of conversion. So, just follow this blog post that holds the solution to migrate Lotus Notes archive to Office 365 migration and the various reasons to perform this migration procedure.
Different Reasons to Migrate Lotus Notes Archive to Office 365
There can be so many reasons for the migration Lotus Notes archive to Office 365, which makes the situation to carry out the migration between email users. Some of the basic reasons are mentioned below:
Require Large Capacity – As we know very well that the Lotus Notes application needs a lot of RAM to store the entire mailboxes. Actually, it finds very costly to introduce RAM with huge capacities, so the user looks for another suitable platform like Office 365 that needs constrained and moderate usage of RAM. So it is the better decision for users convenient for migrating Lotus Notes archive to Office 365 account.
Poor Synchronization Issue – Lotus Notes email client suffers from the poor synchronization procedure with its Domino server. It causes stops the email services and hamper its performance. This issue can be also the foremost reason to perform the conversion process.
Designing Problem – This IBM Notes app can’t render each HTML/CSS files efficiently. It stimuli the designing problem in emails and the associated files & folders. Also, it winds up hard to retain database consistency with this imperfect rendering.
Customer Migration – This Lotus Notes application has its own independent file format which is NSF format. It has extremely narrow use among email applications. It could be imaginable for the users to assign other email clients that offer other file formats which are mostly used by different apps.
Free Method for Migrating Lotus Notes Archive to Office 365
Users who want the free solution to migrate Lotus Notes archive to Office 365 can go with the described below procedure. You can easily migrate the mailbox to Office 365 using the IMAP connection. Follow the steps given below:
- First, create a backup of Lotus Notes NSF files, which you want to migrate into O365
- For every user profile, form individual mailbox
- After that, go and activate the IMAP settings in the following way:
- Open Lotus Notes and Browse Domino Administrator >> then Configuration tab
- Now, open the Server file and follow the tabs i.e. Ports >> Internet Ports >> Mail tab
- Then, change TCP/IP Port Value Status to Permitted
- Press Save to apply the moderations made
- Interface with IMAP connector for synchronizing IBM Notes database.
The above step-by-step procedure will help out to perform the entire process carefully. Though, this approach contains lots of restrictions.
Disadvantages of Free Solution
- The Lotus Notes calendar folders can’t be migrated by this free solution. They should be migrated physically which is time-consuming.
- IMAP solution possesses few limitations with the file size i.e., 1 GB of data in the mailbox folder can be only migrated from Lotus Notes to Office 365 utilizing this methodology.
- Using this IMAP Connector for exporting Lotus Notes database will relocate only the online data. Different vital offline Lotus notes data are forgotten by this method due to the absence of an offline network.
- In the absence of network connectivity issues, the above solution can’t be helped to migrate the Lotus Notes database.
- While using this technique data loss problem can arise. Also, every single step is related to some technical aspect which is hard to understand by a non-technical user.
Due to the modern cloud offered services, users often choose to migrate into the cloud-based Office 365 application. Maximum users who have been making use of Lotus Notes application in the past are now migrating Lotus Notes archive to Office 365 account only for the experience of getting more advanced features. And, for this, they prefer the free solution that’s the only reason we discussed in the above post. Looking for an alternate solution to overcome the limitation of a manual solution, here you can freely opt best NSF Converter software. It is an automated solution which offers so many benefits to its users and also comes with a free trial version facility. So, before to purchase this application at a reasonable price, first you can check the application using its free trial edition.